Saturday 30 July 2016

EYE CANDY WISH LIST: Embellished Khussay

A little wedding inspiration for you guys this weekend - khussay with pretty gems, kundan stones and pearls to bling up your outfit. I know khussay have been around for years and years - they're a pretty traditonal accessory from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, and I'm sure we've all worn one at one point or another!

I've even seen pretty printed khussay, beaded ones and sequinned pieces, but some manufacturers have upped their game by adding a little more bling for a luxury look.


I've seen these over the last few months, and love how great they look - they easily match jewellery pieces and add some beauty to our feet, making a great alternative to dressy high heels. And I love that there's a variety of colours and stones out there, as well as styles to suit every occasion.




I had a look around online to see where I could buy one of these myself, as I had my eye on these and wanted to see if they were worth buying. So far I've managed to find a few vendors but they seem to be based in Pakistan mainly - I'm sure if I was able to go shopping in Lahore I'd find plenty of these, and cheap bargains too!

Here's a few examples of sellers I found - I haven't ordered from these myself but I have read good reviews and they ship overseas, which is a plus point.

These pretty beaded gems by Eastern Dresses - based in Pakistan but seems reliable and have read good reviews, although I haven't ordered from them myself/



These embellished pairs by Allechant, a much more established brand in Pakistan. Slightly pricier but again, excellent reviews on service and fast delivery. You can also follow this company on Instagram and Snapchat for daily update.


Lastly is another Pakistani brand, Turbooz Shop, who have many quirky and very reasonably priced accessories, from khussay to jewellery and clutch bags. Perfect for the summer season, and I can also see a lot of these being worn for mehndi parties too - they also have some beautiful painted and embroidered pieces. I'm pretty sure they ship overseas, but I'm not 100% sure so check first!



I've seen a couple of these in local shops as well, although admittedly the quality aren't as nice as some of the ones I've seen online or based in Pakistan. I have seen a few in shoe shops in east London such as local shops on Green Street, and I also know that some stores in Southall carry shoes like this.

I'll be keeping an eye out for these in London, and will be sure to post if I manage to buy any khussay like these!

What do you think of these? Would you wear them?

No comments:

Post a Comment