Tuesday 10 March 2015

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: The Black, Gold and Hot Pink Lakhany Outfit

This is something I wore this weekend, a Lakhani embroidered cotton outfit I bought more than a year ago, and haven't gotten a lot of wear out of. The outfit itself is from the 2012-2013 collection range, and while I can see fashion trends are changing, this one still feels very wearable because of how well-stitched it is and the flattering shape of it. I got this stitched as a long kameez as per the trends at the time I bought it, with straight pants and churidar/long sleeves which creased up at the wrists.

I've worn this outfit a couple of times before, but wanted to get more wear out of it this summer, so pulled it out this weekend while the sun was shining. The dupatta/scarf for this outfit is beautiful, I know the white version of this outfit comes with a yellow, grey, white and black scarf, but I love the vibrant summery colours of this scarf, which really sparks up the outfit.

I chose to wear the outfit with gold heels and my kundan ring from my mehndi day (which also has a matching tikka, but I didn't wear that!).




I kept this look simple this time, mainly because the outfit was quite heavily embroidered, and I also didn't want to over-bling the outfit. I love how flattering the lines of this outfit was on me, and the fact that even though it was quite long, it elongated my figure and was very comfortable. This is me wearing it, making the most of the sun and doing my usual posey poses!

 


Outfit - LSM via PakLinks
Shoes - Carvela
Ring - Gul Mohar

I took a lot more silly photos with this, and had a lot of fun in my back garden enjoying the sun and the grass under my feet (and ignoring my neighbours pretending not to see me). It makes for a perfect outfit for a dawati (dinner, usually at friend's/relatives houses) and also feel very modest on. It was quite easy to match a hot pink hijab to it (I would have worn hot pink shoes but I don't have hot pink, only coral pink!), although I can imagine this with a matte gold or even a black hijab for a different look.

I'm hoping to get more wear out of this during the summer, I have a couple of mehndis coming up I could wear this to (or dholkis!), although my wardrobe is probably big enough that I have other outfits to get wear out of!

4 comments:

  1. I think this is another favorite for me. I love the contrast of the pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was debating whether to keep this outfit for summer, but my husband loved it so much he made me promise to keep it!

      Delete
  2. I love the color combination of the dress; BTW the gold shoes finish of the look nicely, hot pink would have been too _matchy matchy_:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did think the same about the pink shoes, but yes there's enough hot pink to not go overboard with shoes too!

      Delete