Sunday 9 June 2013

Curly Fry's Shopping Therapy! My Summer Haul

I've been updating my wardrobe with summery items, seeing as the weather's getting warmer (yaayy summer!), so I thought I'd post about a few things I've bought lately, and what's out on the high street. I've been favouring more looser, flowy clothes and simple blocks of colour, which makes it easy to mix together and accessorise with my hijab.

So far, I've bought these skirts in light mint green, and a pinky-nude colour, which I'm happy with, particularly as I'm loving my nude and pinky-brown shades lately, and the mint green is something different for me (plus the cut of the green skirt is very flattering and feels great on!)

Skirts from River Island and New Look

I've also bought a few light, cotton summer dresses which I wear with my long cardigans, which are perfect for the summer. I loved this leafy-ish dress which is light and has fuller sleeves, so there's less layering, and the second dress (which I couldn't find an image of it on the site, so I took a picture of the pattern) which has a subtle, colourful print to it which looks pretty, and which I like because it'll be easy to pick the colours out.

 Dresses from H&M

I bought a few scarves too which I really liked, two of which were surprisingly from Dorothy Perkins, and I loved these because they're light, made of soft cotton, think and breathable. I don't tend to wear black and white very often, but these stood out to me because of the funky, almost retro prints which I think would jazz up an outfit.

Scarves from Dorothy Perkins

Lastly, an outfit is not perfect without shoes! To be honest, I haven't been going crazy over shoes this summer, particularly as I tend to stick to flats which are comfy and easy to walk in, which I do a lot of! I've also been looking for beach shoes too, which I want for when I go to the beach and to other sandy places,

Shoes from H&M and Office

I've been keeping an eye out for a few more summery must-haves, like loose dresses, cardigans and perhaps some sandals, but for now, I'm happy with these! Are there any summer items which you've had your eye on, and any you would recommend?

1 comment: