Wednesday 13 July 2011

LOVELY HIJAB: Glittering Hijab Pins

As someone who wears hijab, I think it would be only fair that I post about the various different ways to accessorise the hijab and how to wear a hijab that suits your own style and comfort levels. The first thing which comes to mind is, of course, hijab pins which can be pinned to scarves to jazz up an outfit. This is an accessory I often use, which I have my own collection of that I have picked up from various places over the years. Below are some of my favourite pins that I use:





I have often found that hijab pins can really help to give a sparkle to an outfit and adds a little elegance to the hijab style without feeling as if it is too much. They are also readily found in many places and don't usually cost a lot (the last two hijab pins above were picked up at Queens Market in Green Street for literally a couple of pounds each!), and also sell quite well in various Islamic shops as well as asian clothes shops. I'm sure most of you are familiar with this accessory and either wear them yourselves or know people who do, which is why I don't want to go on about it too much and patronise anyone. I'm always on the look out for interesting ways on how to wear a hijab without compromising the actual reason that I wear hijab - more ideas coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment